1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We need to collect, retain and use information about you, including your personal information, to provide you with storage and do business with you. Generally, this information is collected directly from you but we may collect information about you that is publicly available, for example from public registers or social media, or made available by third parties. Information we collect may include:
• your name
• licence number and details
• date of birth
• passport number
• telephone number
• email address
• physical address and;
• any other information reasonably necessary
2. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION
We need to collect information from you for a variety of purposes including to provide you with storage and do business with you. These purposes include:
• To establish your identity and assess your application for storage
• To be able to contact you during the storage relationship
• To provide you with information about your account, including billing and provision of notices
• To provide you with information about our business and related entities, including promotions
• To be able to answer questions from you about your account and our services
• To manage our risk, including enabling us to undertake a search of the StorerCheck database, or any relevant credit history entity
• To undertake appropriate searches, including a PPSR search, in the event that your account goes into default
• To cooperate with enquiries from government and law enforcement bodies and comply with our legal obligations
• To enforce our agreement with you.
We may disclose any information we have about you including your personal information as is reasonably necessary or as is permitted by law, including but not limited to the following:
• our employees, including temp or externally contracted staff
• service providers engaged by us, such as data storage, IT, software management, insurers and financial services
• third parties engaged to perform specific functions within our business, such as auctioneers, second hand dealers, building contractors, and maintenance services
• government departments
• law enforcement agencies, including the police
• any person who can demonstrate to our satisfaction a legal or equitable interest in the goods stored
• liquidators, administrators or other persons appointed to administer your financial affairs
• debt collection services
• your Alternate Contact Person (ACP)
• StorerCheck Pty Ltd
• agents for any of the above
We may send your information overseas. Some of our service providers or other third parties, including data storage providers, may be located, operate or hold data outside of Australia. When information is sent or disclosed outside of Australia we take reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate data handling and security arrangements are in place. We utilise service providers who are located in a number of countries outside Australia, including New Zealand, the UK, the USA. Please note that Australian law may not apply to some of these entities in those countries.
4. ALTERNATE CONTACT PERSON
As you have provided us with personal information identifying your nominated Alternate Contact Person (ACP), you must ensure that you have the right to disclose information about your ACP including their personal information. You must take reasonable steps to ensure your ACP is aware:
• that you have made this disclosure
• that we may use this information as we would personal information collected about you
• that they may access and correct the information held by us in the same manner you may
correct your personal information.
We may use your contact details, including email, fax and telephone numbers, to contact you for marketing purposes. You may withdraw this consent at any time. We may share your information with our related entities. We will not share your contact details with third party enterprises, and will never sell your personal information or contact details. If you wish to opt out of direct marketing, please contact us.
6. STORER CHECK PTY LRD (‘STORER CHECK’)
By applying to store with this facility you agree to the following:
1. This facility may search the Storer Check data base for information Storer Check may have about you. This facility may choose to refuse you storage, or terminate your storage agreement, if you are listed with Storer Check
2. This facility may release or update any details and personal information they have about you to Storer Check,including but not limited to:
• your name
• your address
• your previous address
• your licence number and details
• your passport number (non-Australian issued)
• your date of birth
3. Your details and personal information will be released to Storer Check in the event that you breach your storage agreement or engage in illegal or threatening behaviour including but not limited to:
• not paying for storage
• dumping or abandoning goods
• being chronically late with payments
• being abusive or threatening to staff members or other store providers
• police involvement, such as the execution of search warrants against you, this facility or your storage
• any other breach of the storage agreement
4. This facility may use the information you provide during this application or at any other time to update any listing you have with Storer Check.
If you do not consent to these terms, you should not apply for storage with this facility.
By applying to store with this facility you consent to the terms and conditions set out in this document and on-line at www.storercheck.com, including this facility’s right to search Storer Check for your details, and to release your information and details to Storer Check in certain circumstances. For further information about Storer Check Pty Ltd go to www.storercheck.com
We keep your information provided to us in both hard form and electronic form. We take steps to secure this from misuse, loss, unauthorised modification, unauthorised disclosure and access. We employ physical security such as restricted access to hard files, and other security measures including password protected computers and internet firewalls. We take reasonable care when engaging third parties to provide services to us where those service may necessitate the third party handling your information, including data storage, file destruction, enforcement of the agreement in any way and debt collection.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You may view and correct your personal information by:
• giving reasonable notice to the Facility that you wish to view your personal information;
• attending the Facility;
• advising the Facility in writing (email@example.com) that your personal information is not correct and provide written corrections.
If you would like any further information regarding how your personal information is handled, please contact us.